Friday, July 3, 2009

The Rumor Mill And Assorted Stuff

Heard today that Bishop Martino may very well be exiting our Diocese stage left.

Keep your ears to the ground and let me know what you are hearing, or what you may already know.....

Spent 1 1/2 hours today helping the economy by purchasing a new HDTV and stand. I won't go into the painful details, but needless to say WalMart should begin the distribution of IQ tests before they hire these dolts...

I am happy to hear Father Wilfredo Comellas is coming to Saint Aloysius in Wilkes-Barre. He said the Extraordinary Form in his Hazleton Church. I am looking forward to meeting him.

Whats with all this stupid rain? My garden is inundated with sogginess. I'm never gonna get my corn in at this rate. I may have already missed my window of opportunity as Fall will most likely begin the day after Labor Day...

That's all I have for now, I think. God Bless!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have nothing on this, though I can try my sources. Second, what is this with months in between posts and plurk visits?

Anonymous said...

(Sorry if this gets posted twice by accident)

Anyway how are the cute little stuggart potatoes, did they drown? And are the crookback/neck squash for the fall?

And we've been getting a lot of rain and storms down here too this year. Who knows.

By the way, starting Sunday I'll be offline for a week, but I will return to provide comments!

- L

The Rockin' Traddy said...

CUA - It's only been a month....

L - The onions are Stutgarts. the taters are yukon gold, and they all appear to be thriving. The taters especially.

Anonymous said...

Taters are good, and gluten free! Well all vegetables are before sprinkled with some glutenous stuff. And okay, the onions all hiding in the bag were the cute ones. Clearly I don't grow my own food...

- L

and the captcha word code I have to enter below to prove I'm a person is "whirp." that just looks funny for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Sir Rockin One,

Please- that rumor has been abounding for years now. I would not put any stock in it.

Father Dave Bechtel

The Rockin' Traddy said...

Father - Yes,I agree but I heard it anew yesterday. And eventually it will be true. He won't be here forever.

I don't give any merit to rumors, nor do I usually write about them here, but I decided to record it for posterity. If I wrote about it every time I heard it, this would become a blog about his impending departure. We'll wait and see.

Unknown said...

A month is still too much.

Anonymous said...

Roaming Catholic writes:
One thing I hope is that whoever replaces (Bishop) Martino continues to "shake" things up in the Diocese where they certainly need to be shaken up. I'm only afraid that whoever does replace him will stick his head in the sand and hope the problems "just go away" without taking any action on his watch to deal with the situations. Or, maybe, (wishful thinking here, now) the new Bishop will be even MORE Orthodox/tougher than His Eminence, Bishop Martino. By the way, I heard that Michael Jackson was seen in Burlington, Vermont, the other day. No, he wasn't with Elvis. Elvis is/was in Ontario, Canada, last I heard.

Anonymous said...

RE: Fr. Comellas. I regularly attended Latin Mass in Hazleton. All I can say is you are very, very lucky to get Fr. Comellas up there in WB.

I've enjoyed reading these pages,

A Traditional Mom

Anonymous said...

This evening I heard rumors from two independent sources that a move for Bishop Martino is imminent. They conflict in detail slightly, but both come from reliable priests.