Friday, February 6, 2009

First seed catalog!

Well, my first seed catalog of the season arrived yesterday from Seed Savers!

I am still waiting for about 3 more before I make my choices.

I have a nice sized garden where I grow vegetables, no flowers or anything like that. I think I shall refer to it as "The Farm" from now on, due to the fact that we grow enough vegetables to sustain 4 separate households.

I have been known in the past to take a hiatus from blogging, whether it be a few days, or a week, or as was the case, December.

But I think I will also start blogging about other things that interest me as well, such as "The Farm", to give me a diversion from just the Catholic and political stuff.

But the question is whether I should do that here, or start another blog entirely. That would be a big pain in the buttocks as far as I'm concerned. I already have a smallish readership, and would like to share with you, my smallish readership, other things I am doing. I don't have the time to try to find readers for a gardening blog.

But do you really care? Do you care if cutworms attacked my heirloom Brandywine transplants last night? Do you care that my compost isn't heating up? Do you care that the garlic I planted last fall was eaten by rabid chipmunks? Do you care that I missed that #%@*#* squirrel and shot my expensive weather station instead?

I think you might.

We'll see. Let me know.

1 comment:

Christian said...

Well, if it keeps you postin'...

Maybe it'll inspire me to put some veggies in this spring. But I'll probably just plant them and be too pre-occupied with other stuff to take care of them...

OK, so I'll live vicariously through you.