Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Interesting.....

Entertainer Steve Corbett over at WILK was going on yesterday wondering where our new Bishop is.

I was listening on my way home and only heard his intro for his return from the news break, where he went so far as to allege that politicians and business people are the real ones who choose Bishops. I don't really know to what extent he slandered the Church, but I can imagine.

This is the same Steve Corbett who only last week went on a seemingly unending tirade over being featured in the "Rube Lomax" gossip Column in last week's Times Shamrock publications.

Here's some news for the "newsman" Steve Corbett: If you are a public person, and you make your living talking about people, don't be surprised to find yourself in the gossip columns.

As far as the search for our next Bishop, there are Dioceses that have been waiting for a shepherd far longer than we have, so I wouldn't expect anything anytime really soon. This is a long process, and I am praying that the Holy Spirit has much more to do with the choice than our civic and political leaders.

What say you?

No comments: