Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


Yesterday was my birthday, and for the last two weeks I have been celebrating by attending the Old Mass Sunday mornings. Not the hippie-dippie, hand shaking lovefest that is the Novus Ordo, but the solemn, reverent, saintly Old Latin Mass.

I intend to go this weekend as well.

In the last two weeks I have heard two wonderful homilies, where they actually taught Catholic beliefs! Can you imagine? Catholic priests actually teaching the faith!

Of course this has always been the case with the FSSP and other traditional groups. No milky love your neighbor and pat kittens on the head and you will see God when you die nonsense.

And the best part is that the wife actually brought up to me that we go again this weekend.

Perhaps my time at the NO parish is at an end.

5 comments:

Christian said...

Happy Birthday! Maybe I'll see you there... St Michaels or Holy Rosary?

The Rockin' Traddy said...

Thank you! Perhaps you will. I do not know yet which one. The choir is out now at St. Michael's till All Souls, is that correct?

Christian said...

Ha, don't know, as neither is my parish, but I have been meaning to get to the low Mass at Holy Rosary every Sunday for a month. Really want to take the family to the Missa Cantata too though.

The Rockin' Traddy said...

Ah. What do you look like? I will search you out during the grope of peace.

Wait.

They don't do that do they?

I'll just see you afterwards I guess. That Old Mass is no fun...

Christian said...

Can't seem to respond without feeling like a personal ad. 6ft 30ish, goatee (for now). Loves horseback riding and long walks on the beach.

Oh shoot, I'm lector at 8:30 this Sunday at St. Stans... maybe another time.