It would seem that there are those who vehemently disagree with my position on gay, unnatural sex acts.
I’m not going to waste my time or anyone else’s quoting what the Bible says regarding homosexuality. It has been done time and again by better people than I to no avail. There will always be those who have been so blinded by the great deceiver that they take any attempt at showing them the truth and turn it into “hate”, as I’ve already seen in recent comments that I am debating posting.
Christian thought will always (and always should) be permitted to influence a country founded on Christian principles. Likewise, it should influence us as we think and live our personal lives, lest we fall into sin ourselves. The Catechism of the Catholic Church clearly teaches that although “…sin is a personal act, we have a responsibility for the sins committed by others when we cooperate in them”. (CCC #1868)
How do we cooperate in sin? Let's use some of the progressive's favorite sins to illustrate:
1. By counsel. i.e., "I think you should have an abortion; go ahead and have the abortion. It will help preserve your lifestyle."
2. By command. i.e., Telling your child, your friend, or your co-worker, "Have an abortion, you may lose your job if you don't."
3. By consent. i.e., "If you and your partner feel it's the best thing, go ahead and have a sexual relationship, get married. Even if you're both of the same sex. It's nobody's business."
4. By provocation. i.e., "Live together! Aren't you in charge of your own life? The Pope is old and out of touch, who cares what he says!”
5. By praise or flattery. i.e., "Oh, Senator, you are so courageous and kind in defending a woman's `right' to an abortion."
6. By concealment. i.e., The pastor allows the senator, judge, president, etc. who has voted for, or otherwise promoted, abortion, euthanasia, human cloning, same-sex marriage, etc. to appear to be in good standing, when, in fact, they have caused grave public scandal by their actions. When the sin is public, the redress must be public. Although, I don't disagree with the courageous bishops who would deny such persons Communion, I do believe that the "confrontation" should take place, without question, long before they arrive at the altar rail.
7. By participation. i.e., "I'll drive you to the clinic. You need that abortion to be able to continue your lifestyle."
8. By silence. i.e., You refuse to speak out against what is a clear violation of human rights, an incredible persecution and prejudice against a class of human beings (the unborn). You hide behind the Supreme Court's unjust and inherently illicit decision on abortion, saying it's the law of the land, when in fact it is the subversion and perversion of authentic law. The Nazi SS officers tried for war crimes used a similar defense, saying they were only following orders. They hung them, guilty as charged!
9. By defense of the evil. i.e., "It prevents child abuse by eliminating unwanted children; Women are more in charge of their lives, more liberated; it's so much more sophisticated and educated a thing to do., "etc. etc.
America has gone from a wholesome, rational, and moral country to one that is decadent, irrational and immoral. And there are those who call it progress.
I call it evil.
Evil is progressing.
Whether it is the scourge of abortion, the depravity of the gay lifestyle or the anti-religion of Islam, I will stand against it.
I will not defend it.
If you’re looking for a gay buddy to hold your hand and tell you how great your perverted lifestyle is go somewhere else.
You must have my blog confused with the National Catholic Reporter.