Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm Sorry, Daddy!

I got this sent to me today, and it and it affected me deeply. Please pray for the victims of child abuse.

My name is Chris,
I am three,
My eyes are swollen..
I cannot see.

I must be stupid,
I must be bad,
What else could have made,
My daddy so mad?

I wish I were better,
I wish I weren't ugly,
Then maybe my mommy,
Would still want to hug me.

I can't do a wrong,
I can't speak at all,
Or else I'm locked up,
All day long.

When I'm awake,
I'm all alone,
The house is dark,
My folks aren't home.

When my mommy does come home,
I'll try and be nice,
So maybe I'll just get,
One whipping tonight.

I just heard a car,
My daddy is back,
From Charlie's bar

I hear him curse,
My name is called ,
I press myself,
Against the wall.

I try to hide,
>From his evil eyes,
I'm so afraid now,
I'm starting to cry.

He finds me weeping,
Calls me ugly words,
He says its my fault,
He suffers at work.

He slaps and hits me,
And yells at me more,
I finally get free,
And run to the door.

He's already locked it,
And I start to bawl,
He takes me and throws me,
Against the hard wall.

I fall to the floor,
With my bones nearly broken,
And my daddy continues,
With more bad words spoken.

'I'm sorry!', I scream,
But it's now much to late,
His face has been twisted,
Into a unimaginable sh ape.

The hurt and the pain,
Again and again,
O please God, have mercy!
O please let it end!

And he finally stops,
And heads for the door,
While I lay there motionless,
Sprawled on the floor.

My name is Chris ,
I am three,
Tonight my daddy,
Murdered me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is horrible, and heartbreaking. Jesus said, "suffer the little children---". We, as adults, must protect these most innocent of God's children. May God have mercy on the soul of the abusers.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Traddy, when I left my first post, I had only read the first 2 paragraphs, and that was enough for me. Since then, I came back and forced myself to read the entire thing. I must admit, it made me physically ill. Ok, I'll admit, again, I live in a utopia, where everyone loves one another and gets along; but why pick on innocent little children?? They are a Blessing and a gift from God; and as such, they must be protected. After reading this, I probably won't sleep too well tonight. God gave me 5 wonderful sons, that I love deeply, and as such they are treated with all the love and respect that I can give. Can you or Fr. Dave weigh in here?? Help me to understand this horror!!
Elaine

The Rockin' Traddy said...

Elaine -

I don't know what to say. If I ever came across something like this I'd probably kill the bastard and there'd be no more posts on this blog.

I haven't studied or read much on child abuse, all I know is the rage and disgust I feel reading that poem and looking at that little girl's battered face.

I look at my own little angel, just about to turn two, and realize that not every child is loved as she is.

I try to be Christian, but I guess my greatest fault is that I believe in "an eye for an eye", and I'd gladly make the beater of the little girl in the picture look the same.

So pray for me, pray for the abusers, and more over, pray for the children, that the Lord delivers them from their torment and that they will one day be loved.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Traddy, I feel as you do. I thank God every day for my fine, upstanding, healthy, moral 5 sons. Truly a gift from God! I always treated them, (even when they were at THAT age), as my parents treated me; with love, respect dignity, and all the nurturing that I could muster. Parenting is not an easy task. I'll admit that. But there are many places to go for help when it becomes too stressful. I don't know anymore; maybe this is the devil rearing it's ugly head, maybe just the imperfectness of man. Whatever the case, I will pray, and pray hard; I have already said 2 Hail Mary's for that poor child, and all other children in similar situations. Good luck with your daughter. You are really going to enjoy her.
Elaine