Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good Times

Six people have complained that a t-shirt being sold at Penn State University shops has 'religious connotations'. 30,000 of the shirts have been sold.

The fact that six people have even complained is nonsensical. Someone with a liberal viewpoint that has been educated in a liberal school system who probably has 6 or 7 last place trophies even contacted the Anti-Defamation League to force the college into their way of thinking.

Here's my take on this.

If you don't like something, don't buy, read, or look at it. That's a pretty simple concept. Don't contact some organization that specializes in creating victims and who vilifies creators of something that you for some reason find offensive. OK?

Then I wouldn't have to spend 10 minutes of my morning writing about what an ass you are.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rockin-- My son goes to Penn State, and with all the Penn State "gear" that he has, I have not seen this one. I will order one immediately for him online.
Kathy, (new reader)

The Rockin' Traddy said...

Kathy -

You get the 'Rockin Mom' award for today! Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rockin, But I must say that this is something the ACLU would take on, not the Anti-Defamation League. Don't you think?
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Penn State was my secret 1st choice for a school. I was accepted but, eh...it was more expensive than VTech and my sister already went to VT too so ya know. Sometimes I wonder how life woulda been different if I'd gone there. Not like, because it is sooo different from other colleges but just, it wouldn't been a pretty different 4 years of my life! Guess I'll never know.

Aaaand thus I have no reason to buy the pseudo-crucifix shirts :P

- L

The Rockin' Traddy said...

Kathy - Maybe the Southern Poverty Law Center. I'm sure that t-shirt is somehow keeping a poor black down somewhere.

L - I love State College. You and I would have shared a sack of wimpies at Baby's Burger and Shakes!

Anonymous said...

...lol, wtf are wimpies?? And a whole sack of 'em? Sounds cute! Crazy Pennsylvanians with yer wimpies and...Amish people and...uh, Hershey Park... Oh I know. One of my favorite movies is The Deer Hunter and the hometown in the movie was in PA (although they didn't actually film it there). So yeah. We coulda hunted deer with one shot and ate wimpies, oh alas!

- L

Anonymous said...

Kathy, Just saw this post. My son also goes to Penn State. Ordered both him AND myself a shirt online. Have had many compliments on it.
Elaine