Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What's a brother to do?

Well it would seem that the Dali Bama's half brother George was caught partying with Mary Jane. Like brother, like brother I guess.

George Obama was charged with possession of cannabis in his home in a Nairobi suburb, and is due to appear in court today.

The head of police said: “He is not a drug dealer. But it is illegal, it is a forbidden substance.”

George (26) spoke to CNN from the Huruma prison in the capital: "They took me from my home. I don't know why they are charging me."

Possession of marijuana in Kenya is usually tolerated, despite being illegal.

George Obama is the youngest of Barack Obama Senior’s eight children and was only sixth months old when his father died in a car crash. George hardly knows his half-brother, US President Barack.

A recent article in the Italian Vanity Fair said that George Obama lived on “a dollar a day”, but George was quick to defend his living situation, and said that the magazine had “exaggerated everything”.

Even new President Barack Obama admitted to taking drugs in his autobiography: “I partied a lot, drank a lot and took drugs. Cocaine and Marijuana."

1 comment:

Christian said...

Barack circa 2006 -- "I am my brother's keeper"